Code of Conduct
Our Code of Conduct applies to all members of South Cheshire Harriers Running Club, regardless of length of membership.
It has been designed to ensure understanding of how the club expects members to conduct themselves whilst representing the club and how we can all ensure members are treated equally and fairly.
Our Code of Conduct applies to club runs, race meetings and social events.
Members who do not follow this code of conduct may be subject to disciplinary procedures.
If you have difficulty understanding this document due to a disability or because English is not your first language, you should discuss the situation with our Diversity & Inclusion team as soon as possible by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to fostering a positive club environment where all individuals are treated fairly and with respect, regardless of their background or characteristics. Club members are therefore expected to conduct themselves appropriately and shall:
- 1.1.1 Control their conduct during club runs, activities, at races and online whilst always being respectful to all teammates and opponents and shall conduct themselves in a manner that will ensure the safety of others and not reflect negatively on the club or its members
- 1.1.2 Conduct themselves in a manner that will ensure a comfortable and welcoming club environment
- 1.1.3 Act with dignity and display courtesy and good manners towards others
- 1.1.4 Not swear, use abusive language or demonstrate irresponsible behaviour including that which is dangerous to themselves or others, acts of violence, bullying, harassment, physical or sexual abuse
- 1.1.5 Challenge inappropriate behaviour and language by others
- 1.1.6 Not discriminate on the age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation of other members
- 1.1.7 Recognise that the Club operates as a sports and social club and that discrimination or unwanted and/ or continued advances toward other members will not be accepted and that all members have the right to an environment free from all forms of discrimination
- 1.1.8 Anticipate and be responsible for their own needs including being organised, having the appropriate equipment and being on time
- 1.1.9 Adhere to the Club’s running rules and policies
- 1.1.10 Report any non-compliance of club policies or procedures by emailing: email@example.com